Friday, September 15, 2006

The Lonely Penny

9/31/06 - $2.59 gallon
Regular pick-up @ 5:44 and only 3 riders. It's starting to get darker in the morning. I started the “Lonely Penny” experiment today. Here is how it works... I leave a shiny penny on a bus seat. Then I sit back to watch who bothers to pick it up. Today one of the regulars looked at it and I could tell, he was thinking about it but didn't pick it up. A couple of stops later, a short large mother with two kids looked at it then sat on it. My prediction is that the lonely penny has no value. I originally thought of this experiment when I found the penny on my seat. I didn't find any value in it so I left it on the seat next to me and started the experiment. I have hundreds more at home so what's one more? Perhaps, the penny is just one more piece of nothing.

Transferred at 6:23 and caught the Red Line in to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home