Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Happy New Year!

First ride of the new-year!

I did find out how the Minneapolis Light Rail has their fee system modeled. It's totally an honor system with people buying tickets at ticket kiosks on the train platforms. It looks like the Phoenix system will work the same way. In fact, the same Light Rail Director from Minneapolis is heading up the Phoenix system now.

I took a later ride because it’s a light work week. There was more business riders and fewer students. That makes sense as most schools are off this week. Interesting observation is that most of the business riders were late to their bus stop. I fall within this group but I can’t stand being late. So I am usually early. Anyway, I don’t know what it means. Perhaps business riders have flexible schedules so that it doesn't matter exactly when they arrive at their desk. I have to think about this some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home